STATEMENT OF RENTAL POLICY (Rev. 5/20/2021)
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in our community. Kensington Apartments is an owner managed community that
does business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Act. Listed below are the rental requirements that each
applicant must meet in order to qualify for residency here at Kensington Apartments. All applicants will be screened and
approved based on the following:
- Each applicant must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- A non-refundable application fee of fifty ($50.00) dollars, per leaseholder is due at the time of application.
- A minimum security deposit of two hundred ($200.00) dollars is due within 48 hours of application approval. Security deposits may exceed the minimum amount and, in some cases, may require a maximum of two (2) months’ rent based on credit experience. Security deposits will only be returned to any applicant(s) within 48 hours of payment, after which the security deposit is forfeited should an applicant choose to withdraw their application for residency.
- Kensington Apartments will complete a credit and background check on each applicant over the age of 18. Credit screenings are approved at the discretion of Management and though there is no particular scoring model used, your credit screening will be used to determine rental eligibility and deposit requirements. Negative or derogatory marks on your credit report, such as judgements, collections, or I-9s will not immediately disqualify an applicant, however any combination of these items may require a higher security deposit and may constitute a denial of the application. Any applicant with a violent criminal history will be denied. Any applicant with drug related charges will be denied. Any applicant owing any balances to other apartment communities or rental agencies are subject to denial.
- By submitting an application for residency, all applicants must agree to rental history verification which will be completed prior to approving any application(s). Rental history can and will include, but is not limited to, verification of previous residency, payment history, eviction history, lease violations in previous communities, or any other information that may be relevant to rental history. Any applicant with outstanding balances to other communities may be approved on the basis that the balance is paid and can be verified by Management. Any application with a prior eviction or Notice to Show Cause is subject to denial.
- Kensington Apartments does not allow guarantors or co-signers for applicants. Each applicant must meet the rental criteria individually.
- Each applicant must have proof of income and verifiable employment with a gross monthly income of at least three (3) times the monthly rental rate (75% for roommates) of the apartment being applied for, or; a verifiable offer letter provided by a future employer if accepting a position within sixty (60) days following move-in.
- Self-employed applicants must provide financial statements, such as a previous year tax document that demonstrates income qualifications.
- Applicants with no current employment must provide verifiable financial statements, such as a savings account, IRA, Retirement Fund, etc., demonstrating the ability to cover the rental rate for the entirety of the lease.
- Kensington Apartments is a pet friendly community and does require non-refundable pet fees based on the type of pet residing in the community. The following breeds are restricted; (1) Pit Bull, (2) Rottweiler, (3) Chow, (4) Doberman, (5) or any mix thereof. Kensington Apartments may, at any time, require verification of breed of any animal residing on the premises. Service Animals under the ADA and FHA are not considered pets and are considered medical devices. Therefore, are not subject to the same requirements as household pets. Kensington Apartments utilizes a third-party verification service to verify the validity of any such Service Animal in compliance with Fair Housing Regulation and ADA laws.
- Kensington apartments is committed to equal housing opportunity. Kensington Apartments does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, or familial status.